Let’s start Appium Tutorial .
What will you learn in this session?
- Appium Interview Questions
- What is Appium?
- Is Appium crossplatform?
- What are Native apps?
- What are Mobile web apps?
- What are hybrid apps?
Before we start , I have one video for you to start learning Appium.
Click below to watch video tutorial:
What is Appium ?
You must be using mobile phone. There must be some apps in your mobile phone like Paytm, freecharge etc. So these apps need to be tested.
But how to test them?
You can use Appium for that.
Appium is an open source test automation framework for use with native, hybrid and mobile web apps.
It drives iOS, Android, and Windows apps using the WebDriver protocol.
Is Appium crossplatform?
Appium is “cross-platform”: it allows you to write tests against multiple platforms (iOS, Android, Windows), using the same API.
This enables code reuse between iOS, Android, and Windows testsuites.
What are Native apps?
Native apps are those written using the iOS, Android, or Windows SDKs.
What are Mobile web apps?
Mobile web apps are web apps accessed using a mobile browser.
Appium supports Safari on iOS and Chrome or the built-in ‘Browser’ app on Android.
What are hybrid apps?
Hybrid apps have a wrapper around a “webview” – a native control that enables interaction with web content.
Projects like Phonegap, make it easy to build apps using web technologies that are then bundled into a native wrapper, creating a hybrid app.
- Appium is an open-source tool for automating native, mobile web, and hybrid applications on iOS and Android platforms.
- Appium is “cross-platform”
- Native apps are those written using the iOS, Android, or Windows SDKs.
- Mobile web apps are web apps accessed using a mobile browser.
- Hybrid apps have a wrapper around a “webview” – a native control that enables interaction with web content.
If you have any questions , please put your comments.
Thanks for reading!!